Arts Council of Big Sky
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
At the Arts Council of Big Sky we want everyone interacting wit hour organization to feel valued and respected. We're committed to modeling diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in our community through our programming, policy, and practice to help maintain an environment where everyone can feel welcomed, valued, respected, and safe.
Diversity - Variety, difference, representation in a group from various facets of identity (race, ethnicity, gender, physical/mental ability, age, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc.)
Equity - Providing access to opportunity relative to people's needs (with consideration for historical and systemic disadvantages)
Inclusion - Actions taken to accept/celebrate/utilize the unique strengths and facets of identity so that all feel welcome, valued, and supported.
Belonging - Belonging is a feeling of security, support and membership, enforced by a sense of acceptance and respect of one's identity.
The Arts Council of Big Sky views diversity, equity, and inclusion as connected to our mission and critical to to ensure the well-being of our staff, board members, volunteers and the communities we serve. To ensure that this philosophy permeates our organization, we will:
- Identify, acknowledge, and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Seek to increase diverse leadership within our board, staff, committee, and advisory bodies
- Lead with respect and open mindedness. We expect all employees, board members and volunteers to embrace this notion and to express it through everyday practice and interaction
Arts Council of Big Sky takes the following actions to help promote diversity and inclusion:
- Improving cultural competence throughout our organization by creating learning opportunities for board, staff and volunteers and formal, transparent organization policies.
- Making incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts. Communicate this progress with community.
- Expanding programming and opportunities that celebrate and reflect the diversity of Big Sky by connecting and/or collaborating with other artists, arts organizations and other entities that are committed to DEIB efforts.